- Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Unsalted butter : 50g
- Dark chocolate : 200g, broken into pieces
- Eggs : 4, separated
- Golden caster sugar : 200g
- Cocoa powder : 2tbsp
- Berries : 200g
- Icing sugar : to serve
- Heat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
- Line a 23cm square cake tin or brownie tin with parchment and butter it.
- Melt the chocolate with the butter in a microwave or in a heatproof bowl set over barely simmering water.
- Whisk the egg yolks and 100g sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in the cocoa powder and flour then fold in the chocolate mixture. In a clean dry bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff, then beat in the rest of the sugar.
- Fold the egg whites into the chocolate (if the mixture is stiff, do this a little at a time until it's loosen). Bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Cool, then cut into squares and arrange the berries on top.
- Dust with icing sugar, to serve.
NotesI got the recipe from the book "101 Brilliant Baking Ideas" from Olive magazine.
I thought it would be a new experience for me since I've only dealt with cup cakes, and it turned out good!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Fun appetizers and snacksSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More