- Cooking Time: 80min
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10min
BackstoryA twist on bread pudding.I clipped this recipe from a good housekeeping magazine.
- 1 Loaf(16 ounces) firm white bread
- 3 firm but ripe bananas
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups half and half or light cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Cut bread into 1-inch pieces. Slice bananas into 1/2-inch-thick chunks.
- In large bowl, with wire wisk, beat eggs, half-and-half, and sugar untill blended. Gently stir in bread, bananas, and chocolate chips to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate bread mixture at least 1 hour, occasionally pressing down bread to absorb cream mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease 9-inch round springform or cake pan(at least 2 inches deep).
- Spoon mixture into pan.(Pan will be very ful.)
- Bake bread pudding,covered,35 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 45 to 50 minutes longer or until knife inserted in center of pudding comes out clean.
- Cool pudding slightly on wire rack to serve warm.