- Cooking Time: 80min
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10min
- 1 Loaf(16 ounces) firm white bread
- 3 firm but ripe bananas
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups half and half or light cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Cut bread into 1-inch pieces. Slice bananas into 1/2-inch-thick chunks.
- In large bowl, with wire wisk, beat eggs, half-and-half, and sugar untill blended. Gently stir in bread, bananas, and chocolate chips to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate bread mixture at least 1 hour, occasionally pressing down bread to absorb cream mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease 9-inch round springform or cake pan(at least 2 inches deep).
- Spoon mixture into pan.(Pan will be very ful.)
- Bake bread pudding,covered,35 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 45 to 50 minutes longer or until knife inserted in center of pudding comes out clean.
- Cool pudding slightly on wire rack to serve warm.
NotesA twist on bread pudding.I clipped this recipe from a good housekeeping magazine.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More