- Cooking Time: 20
- Preparation Time: 20
- 100g dark chocolate
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup dark cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 170g butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- Melt the chocolate on a double boiler, then mix it with the two bananas, mashed. Set aside while you prepare the rest of the batter.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar together. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In a separate bowl, sift the flour with the cocoa, salt and baking powder, then incorporate it in the butter mixture, together with the melted chocolate and banana. Once they’re all fully incorporated, turn your mixer on high speed and mix for 1 minute. The batter will be fluffy and fragrant.
- Spoon the batter into your muffin cases (I ended up with 17 muffins from a batch, but it really depends on the size of the tin I suppose. Though I think you can even bake this in a loaf pan, just adjust the baking time) and bake at 180-190C until they pass the toothpick test. Allow them to cool down completely before serving. Enjoy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
50 Shades of Taste
Sharing Christmas with FriendsSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More