- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 can (14 oz) coconut milk (not light)
- 2 cups dessicated coconut
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks or chips
- (milk or water for thinning)
- Combine and cream well the butter and sugar. Add one egg at a time and beat well until all 6 are added. Add
- coconut milk and flour alternately until thoroughly mixed. Add baking power and beat well. If the mixture is "too thick" or thicker than regular cake batter, add a few tablespoons of milk or water to thin it to the right consistency. Fold in chocolate and coconut.
- Prepare 2 non-stick 9" loaf pans with baking spray or butter. Pour batter into each pan until half full. Bake
- at 350 for 35-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- If after 30 minutes the outside of the cake gets too dark but the inside of the cake is still soggy, cover with tin foil and reduce temperature to 300 until the cake is done, when a toothpick comes out clean.
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
NFPG Recipe Collection
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Honey-Lime Chicken SkewersSee More