- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 can (14 oz) coconut milk (not light)
- 2 cups dessicated coconut
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks or chips
- (milk or water for thinning)
- Combine and cream well the butter and sugar. Add one egg at a time and beat well until all 6 are added. Add
- coconut milk and flour alternately until thoroughly mixed. Add baking power and beat well. If the mixture is "too thick" or thicker than regular cake batter, add a few tablespoons of milk or water to thin it to the right consistency. Fold in chocolate and coconut.
- Prepare 2 non-stick 9" loaf pans with baking spray or butter. Pour batter into each pan until half full. Bake
- at 350 for 35-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- If after 30 minutes the outside of the cake gets too dark but the inside of the cake is still soggy, cover with tin foil and reduce temperature to 300 until the cake is done, when a toothpick comes out clean.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Breads and Pastry 101See More
Amish Friendship Starter For Bread
Easy Caramel Apple Coffee CakeSee More