1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup cream
1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Mix together cream and sugars in medium saucepan over medium low heat.
- Bring to boil, stirring frequently.
- Once at boil, keep it boiling for one minute, stirring constantly.
- After one minute, remove from heat and add chocolate chips. Cover.
- Leave it alone for a while. Come back in 5-10 minutes and stir.
Leave uncovered for another 5-10 minutes. Come back and stir.
Repeat this process until frosting thickens runs more slowly. Usually, this takes about 30 minutes.
*You must use cream. Half and Half or whole milk will not achieve the same taste or consistency.
*If doubling, make each batch in its own saucepan, and combine after the first stirring.
Pairs Well With
This is the recipe my family uses for brownies, cake, cupcakes... pretty much anything that needs chocolate frosting!