- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI'll include the variation of plain old snickerdoodles as well, since this is my oldest & most often-made snickerdoodle.
The chocolate snickerdoodles are a good basic chocolate cookie. Not too sweet or rich. Great for kids parties.
- 1 1/2c sugar
- 1/2 c butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 c all purpose flour
- 1/2 c unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Oven at 400 degrees
- 1. Cream butter & sugars
- 2. Add vanilla & eggs. Beat well.
- 3. Add flour, cream of tartar, baking soda & salt. Mix well.
- 4. Shape into 1” balls. Press down center slightly.
- 5. Bake 6-9 minutes.
- Yields about 5 dozen cookies
- For traditional cinnamon version,
- - eliminate cocoa
- - use 2 3/4 c flour
- Combine: 2 T sugar & 2 t cinnamon (or use pre-bought cinnamon sugar). Roll balls in cinnamon sugar.
- Cook 8-10 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Fun variation: roll the chocolate ones in cinnamon sugar as well for a "mayan chocolate" cookie ;)