- Cooking Time:
- Servings: about 4 dozen cookies
- Preparation Time:
- - 2 and 1/4 cups Flour, sifted
- - 1/2 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder, sifted
- - 1 cup Brown Sugar, packed
- - 3/4 Granulated Sugar
- - 1 cup or 2 sticks Butter, softened
- - 2 Eggs
- - 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- - 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- - 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- - 12 ounce package Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- - 1 or 1 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon (I use more because I loooove cinnamon)
- - 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Sift flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda into a bowl ans set aside. Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar until creamy and combined. Add eggs to butter mixture one at a time. Beat vanilla into butter mixture, and finally beat cinnamon and optional cayanne pepper into sugar mixture. When adding flour mixture into butter mixture, I prefer to stir it by hand, so I don't get powder everywhere with the egg beater. Add flour mixture by portions (I do it by three or four portions), until all the flour is combined. Fold in chocolate chips to completed mixtures. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto a cookie sheet, and bake on the top oven rack for 9 minutes. I know it's an odd baking time, but this lets the center of the cookies stay slightly gooey for that extra decadent flavor. This recipe makes about 4 dozen, so there's plenty for all those little devils you know.
- This recipe was inspired by traditional Mexican chocolate which was rich and somewhat spicy. Although cayenne pepper isn't used traditionally, it can be found in variations of Mexican chocolate recipes. Cayenne pepper adds more richness to the cookies, as well as a slight heat.
NotesI know everyone has that feeling of being bad when they sink their teeth into some chocolatey goodness - and these cookies are no exception. Come to the Dark Side with my Chocolate Sin cookies...
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of CookingSee More
Righteous Indignation Raspberry-Nut Bars
Michigan Berry Pie
Warm Lentil & Pasta SoupSee More