CHOCOLATEY CHEWY COOKIES LOW FAT!
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (I add more :o) )
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons light-colored corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 egg whites
- Vegetable cooking spray
Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine the flour, powdered sugar, cocoa and baking powder, and salt. Stir well.
Combine 3/4 cup chocolate morsels and oil in a small saucepan; cook over low heat until chocolate melts, stirring constantly. Pour the melted chocolate mixture into a large bowl, and let cool 5 minutes. Add brown sugar, corn syrup, water, vanilla extract, and egg whites to chocolate mixture; stir well. Stir in flour mixture and remaining chocolate morsels.
Drop dough by level tablespoons 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Let cool 2 minutes or until firm. Remove cookies from pans; let cool on wire racks.