CHOOSE YOUR OWN FLAVOR HERB VINAIGRETTE
- Servings: 32
- 2 cups canola oil or corn oil
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- Mix-ins (amounts for 1 cup dressing)
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs (such as oregano, basil, thyme or a blend)
- or prepared pesto sauce
- or 1 tablespoon chopped capers (or black olives)
- or 1/4 cup chopped fresh herb (such as basil, dill, parsley or a blend)
In a quart jar, combine the oils, vinegar and mustard.
Season with salt and pepper to taste, and add the garlic clove.
Cover and refrigerate.
Before using, shake well and pour about a cup of dressing into a smaller jar.
Add the mix-ins of your choice, cover and shake. Makes 4 cups.