- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup dried chickpeas soaked overnight
- 1 lamb shank
- 1 chicken
- 1/2 cup parsley
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 pch saffron heated, pulverized
- 1/4 tsp tumeric
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/3 cup grated onion
- 3 tbl olive oil
- 1 tbl tomato paste
- 2 med potatoes peeled, diced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Drain the chickpeas and put them in a Dutch over with the lamb, chicken, parsley, salt, spices, onion, and oil.
- Cover with 8 cups of water, bring to a boil, then reduce the heat - covering and simmering for an hour.
- Add the tomato paste and simmer for another hour.
- Fish out the lamb and chicken and cut into a dice, discarding the bones.
- Return the meat to the soup, add the potatoes, and simmer another 30 minutes.
- When ready to serve, stir in the lemon juice, adjust for seasoning, ladle into bowls, and garnish with a handful of chopped parsley or cilantro.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More