- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup dried chickpeas soaked overnight
- 1 lamb shank
- 1 chicken
- 1/2 cup parsley
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 pch saffron heated, pulverized
- 1/4 tsp tumeric
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/3 cup grated onion
- 3 tbl olive oil
- 1 tbl tomato paste
- 2 med potatoes peeled, diced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Drain the chickpeas and put them in a Dutch over with the lamb, chicken, parsley, salt, spices, onion, and oil.
- Cover with 8 cups of water, bring to a boil, then reduce the heat - covering and simmering for an hour.
- Add the tomato paste and simmer for another hour.
- Fish out the lamb and chicken and cut into a dice, discarding the bones.
- Return the meat to the soup, add the potatoes, and simmer another 30 minutes.
- When ready to serve, stir in the lemon juice, adjust for seasoning, ladle into bowls, and garnish with a handful of chopped parsley or cilantro.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More