- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup dried chickpeas soaked overnight
- 1 lamb shank
- 1 chicken
- 1/2 cup parsley
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 pch saffron heated, pulverized
- 1/4 tsp tumeric
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/3 cup grated onion
- 3 tbl olive oil
- 1 tbl tomato paste
- 2 med potatoes peeled, diced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Drain the chickpeas and put them in a Dutch over with the lamb, chicken, parsley, salt, spices, onion, and oil.
- Cover with 8 cups of water, bring to a boil, then reduce the heat - covering and simmering for an hour.
- Add the tomato paste and simmer for another hour.
- Fish out the lamb and chicken and cut into a dice, discarding the bones.
- Return the meat to the soup, add the potatoes, and simmer another 30 minutes.
- When ready to serve, stir in the lemon juice, adjust for seasoning, ladle into bowls, and garnish with a handful of chopped parsley or cilantro.
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
mussels for one or two
Carrot Cake Bites! GF, V, SCD, Paleo!See More