Italian pasta--Linguine (or Spagetti) - 1/4 lb-1-Lb depending on # of portions
Mexican Chorizo--Authentic Mexican Chorizo, from a Mercado - Mild-Hot
Garlic - Diced very small
Onion - Diced very small - 1/4 of small-medium size onion
Green Onions - 1 to 3 stalks depending on how portions you are cooking
Cilantro - Use as a garnish
Tomato Sauce - I use Sweet Basil pasta sauce - 3 table spoons to half a cup
Cotija Cheese - Mexican Cotija only - Buy from Mercado - Use as a garnish
1) Boil Linguine or Spagetti until it is al dente. Set aside.
2) Brown Mexican chorizo, cook well, drain fat.
3) Mix in the garlic and diced onion while cooking the chorizo.
4) Add the tomato sauce (not a lot, this is not an Italian dish)
5) Drain pasta and place into a bowl
6) Mix in the cooked Mexican chorizo. Toss to combine pasta and chorizo
7) Garnish with Cilantro and Cotija Cheese. Finished!! Time to eat
Pairs Well With
This receipe was passed down to me by mom.