- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour for coating
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - pounded 1/4 inch thick (OR 1 pkg. boneless, skinless chicken tenders)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (2 pkgs.)
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- In a shallow dish or bowl, mix together the flour, salt, pepper and oregano.
- Coat chicken pieces in flour mixture. In a large skillet, melt butter in oil over medium heat. Place chicken in the pan, and lightly brown. Turn over chicken pieces, and add mushrooms. Pour in wine, Worcestershire and sherry. Cover skillet; simmer chicken 10 minutes, turning once, until no longer pink and juices run clear.
- I double the mushroom sauce because it is so good (the original recipe calls for 1 c. mushrooms)! That's would be 2 pkgs. mushrooms, 1 c. Marsala wine and 1/2 c. sherry. I do not use cooking wine, because it is way too salty.
- Makes 4 servings. (or more, depending on how hungry you are!)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More