- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb butter
- 1 egg
- 1 T almond extract
- 1 1/2 T vanilla
- 5 c flour
- 1 c sugar
- 2 cup apricot preserves/jam
- 1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Combine butter, egg, extracts, flour & sugar. Spread 2/3 of dough in a 15x10" pan.
- 3. Spread dough with apricot jam.
- 4. Roll out remaining dough on a foured board. Cut into 1/2" strips. Lay strips atop pasta flora in a lattice pattern (all verticals, then all horizontals).
- 5. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 min (until golden).
- 6. Cool & cut into 1 1/2 " squares.
NotesA woman I met at a picnic brought this wonderful dessert. This is the recipe she gave me. She said you can use any jam/preserves but that she thought apricot tasted best with the almond flavor of the crust. I agree.
It's lighter than you'd expect by reading the recipe, a nice balance of buttery and sweet.
Jean’s Recipe File
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Susan's Spicy Mac And Cheese Ala Karl: Desperate Housewives
Soggy Saturday Wings by C.C. Chapman
Recipe in a Jar by Kodak Easy ShareSee More