- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 pound golden raisins
- 1 pound candied fruit
- 1/2 pound candied cherries
- 1/2 pound pitted dates
- Bermudian Dark rum
- 1 pound sugar
- 1 pound butter
- 1 dozen eggs, seperated
- 1 pound bread crumbs, sifted
- Vanilla to taste
- 1 pound dark raisins
- Soak fruit in rum overnight.
- Cream together butter and sugar in large bowl till light, beat in egg yolks.
- Beat egg whites till stiff and fold into creamed mixture.
- Add the sifted bread crumbs and then add the fruit, which should be floured lightly first.
- Add vanilla and rum to taste.
- Put into well greased three pudding molds, cover each with a damp floured cloth and foil, then with top of mold.
- Boil in a large pan, such as a stew kettle with water 3/4 up the mold (add water if it eveporates) for 2 hours or until done.
- Remove immediately from pan.
- These puddings are usually made a month before Christmas and frozen or stored in their molds.
- When the time comes to serve, warm the pudding by steaming it in its mold in a large pan of water then invert onto a serving dish.
- Pour heated rum over it and serve with Hard Sauce.
- Note: very large pans or large kettles can be purchased at your local restaurant supply stores.
NotesThis delightful recipe for Christmas Pudding comes from the beautiful island of Bermuda.
Thanks to our dear friend Annie Young who gave us "The Bermuda Cookbook" we are able to share this delightful recipe with all of you.
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
MetroCooking DC 2013
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
mussels for one or two
Carrot Cake Bites! GF, V, SCD, Paleo!See More