- Cooking Time: 8-10 minutes
- Servings: 18 cookies
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cups butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups sifted cake flour (do not use all-purpose)
- 1 ¼ cup miniature chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy (about 12-15 minutes)
- Add egg yolks and extract. Beat well.
- Stir flour and salt together.
- Add flour to egg and sugar mixture.
- Dough will be soft.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove from refrigerator.
- Roll dough out to 1/2 inch in height
- Cut dough with 3 inch round cookie/biscuit cutters
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until delicately browned on edges.
- Makes 3 -3½ dozen.
NotesThis very special Christmas Butter Cookie was my sister favorite cookie in the whole world and for more than fifteen years we never new the recipe since the cookie was made by the Miami Bake Shoppe in Southfield Michigan. The bakery has long since closed and while browsing through a group of cookbooks I would this cookie. I had no idea it was the same cookie but something kept telling me to make the recipe. Once day I gave in to me desire and after looking at the dough through in a few mini chocolate morsels. Well, low and behold it was Stephanie's cookie. We no longer lived in the same state so I shipped her a tin of cookies and well, as they say in the movies, the rest is history!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More