- Cooking Time: 14
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pkg (8oz.) pitted dates,coarsely chopped
- 3 colored candied pineapple slices(4oz.) cut into wedges
- 1 jar (4Oz.) jar candied red cherries,quartered
- 1 can (4oz.) toasted slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup(2 1/2-oz. pkg) whole Brazil nuts,thinly sliced
- 2 tbs sherry
- 1 1/4 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter or regular margerine,softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- In a mediun bowl, combine dates, pineapplle, cherries, almonds, Brazil nuts, and sherry; mix well. Let stand at room temperature, 1 hour.
- Sift flour with baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl, with eletric mixer at medium speed, beat butter, sugar, and egg until light and fluffy.
- With spoon, stir in flour mixture until well combined; stir in fruit mixture.
- Refrigerate, covered, 6 hrs. or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- Drop dough by level tbs, 2 inches apart, onto prepared cookie sheets. If desired, decorate with bits of candied peel.
- Bake on middle rack of oven, 14 minutes, or just until golden brown. Remove cookies to wire rack; cool completely. Store cookies in airtight container.
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Hazelnut and Espresso Cookies
Southern Fried Pork Chops
Wine Marinated Pork Tenderloin with Braised Green CabbageSee More