- Cooking Time: 14
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pkg (8oz.) pitted dates,coarsely chopped
- 3 colored candied pineapple slices(4oz.) cut into wedges
- 1 jar (4Oz.) jar candied red cherries,quartered
- 1 can (4oz.) toasted slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup(2 1/2-oz. pkg) whole Brazil nuts,thinly sliced
- 2 tbs sherry
- 1 1/4 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter or regular margerine,softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- In a mediun bowl, combine dates, pineapplle, cherries, almonds, Brazil nuts, and sherry; mix well. Let stand at room temperature, 1 hour.
- Sift flour with baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl, with eletric mixer at medium speed, beat butter, sugar, and egg until light and fluffy.
- With spoon, stir in flour mixture until well combined; stir in fruit mixture.
- Refrigerate, covered, 6 hrs. or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- Drop dough by level tbs, 2 inches apart, onto prepared cookie sheets. If desired, decorate with bits of candied peel.
- Bake on middle rack of oven, 14 minutes, or just until golden brown. Remove cookies to wire rack; cool completely. Store cookies in airtight container.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More