- Cooking Time: 14
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pkg (8oz.) pitted dates,coarsely chopped
- 3 colored candied pineapple slices(4oz.) cut into wedges
- 1 jar (4Oz.) jar candied red cherries,quartered
- 1 can (4oz.) toasted slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup(2 1/2-oz. pkg) whole Brazil nuts,thinly sliced
- 2 tbs sherry
- 1 1/4 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter or regular margerine,softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- In a mediun bowl, combine dates, pineapplle, cherries, almonds, Brazil nuts, and sherry; mix well. Let stand at room temperature, 1 hour.
- Sift flour with baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl, with eletric mixer at medium speed, beat butter, sugar, and egg until light and fluffy.
- With spoon, stir in flour mixture until well combined; stir in fruit mixture.
- Refrigerate, covered, 6 hrs. or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- Drop dough by level tbs, 2 inches apart, onto prepared cookie sheets. If desired, decorate with bits of candied peel.
- Bake on middle rack of oven, 14 minutes, or just until golden brown. Remove cookies to wire rack; cool completely. Store cookies in airtight container.
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Summertime SippersSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More