- Cooking Time: 25 min. or until bubby
- Servings: 8 to 10 servings
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Large Head Cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/4 c. diced green pepper
- 1 jar (7.3 oz.) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 c. butter or margarine
- 1/3 c. all purpose flour
- 2 c. milk
- 1 c. (4 oz.) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 Tbsp. diced pimientos
- 1 tsp. salt
- Paprika, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook cauliflower in a small amount of water for 6 to 7 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain well.
- In a medium saucepan, sauté green pepper and mushrooms in butter for 2 minutes.
- Add flour; gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until melted.
- Add pimientos and salt.
- Place half of the cauliflower in a greased 2 quart baking dish; top with half of the sauce.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees for 25 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
- I have doubled this too. You can combine broccoli with the cauliflower as well. Can be made the day before.
NotesI got this years ago in a Taste of Home Magazine. I suppose they call it Christmas Cauliflower is because of the red and green in it, but of course, can be made anytime.
Whenever I make it I get rave reviews. I know you will enjoy it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
NFPG Recipe Collection
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More