- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) pitted tartcherries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 package (3 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 10 to 13 drops red food coloring, optional
- 3 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Whipped topping
- Drain cherries, reserving 2 tablespoons juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use). In a large saucepan, combine sugar and flour. Stir in the pineapple, cherries and reserved juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Add gelatin powder; stir until dissolved. Stir in food coloring if desired. Cool until partially set. Stir in bananas and pecans. Pour into the pie shell. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Garnish with whipped topping.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
NotesVibrant color and a medley of fruit in its filling make this pretty pie a standout. This special dessert always brings compliments. The combination of cherries, pineapple, bananas and nuts appeals to most everyone.
Recipe by Mrs. Clifford Davis of Fort Smith, Arkansas
From Taste of Home
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Italy or Bust
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More