- Cooking Time: Overnight
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- 4 cups water (split 2 cups water/2 cups milk for richer taste)
- 1/2 cup half-and-half (or whipping or whole cream)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbls butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Mix all ingredients in crock pot.
- Set heat to low when you head off to bed as "visions of sugarplums dance in your head. Ready to eat early on Christmas morning.
- Serve in large bowls with more milk and brown sugar to taste.
NotesThis is an adaptation of Alton Brown's Overnight Oatmeal from his Good Eats show.
I put this together every Christmas Eve so that when we are awakened bright and early Christmas Morning by my son, we have something ready to eat while he opens his presents.
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
The Best Dang Little Dumplings Ever
Steamed Sweet Coconut Parcels
HERBED SALMONSee More