- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup white corn syrup
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 drop red food coloring
- 1 drop green food coloring
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon oil
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 quarts popped popcorn
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine corn syrup, margarine and salt.
- Heat to 242 to 248 degrees F, or until a small amount of syrup dropped into cold water forms a firm but pliable ball.
- Remove from heat, divide into to 2 pans and stir in food coloring, one red & one green.
- Add equal amounts of cinnamon oil and baking soda to each.
- Pour over popcorn; 4 quarts, red & 4 quarts green, toss to coat.
- Place popcorn on baking sheet and into preheated oven.
- Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Consider using more sugar or salt depending on desired flavor.
- I also add about 4 more quarts of the plain popcorn, white to add more color.
- Can made 1/2 of the coating without coloring or just add plain after the colored popcorn has cooked.
NotesThis is colorful popcorn that is sweet. Great for the family get togethers.