- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup white corn syrup
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 drop red food coloring
- 1 drop green food coloring
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon oil
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 quarts popped popcorn
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine corn syrup, margarine and salt.
- Heat to 242 to 248 degrees F, or until a small amount of syrup dropped into cold water forms a firm but pliable ball.
- Remove from heat, divide into to 2 pans and stir in food coloring, one red & one green.
- Add equal amounts of cinnamon oil and baking soda to each.
- Pour over popcorn; 4 quarts, red & 4 quarts green, toss to coat.
- Place popcorn on baking sheet and into preheated oven.
- Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Consider using more sugar or salt depending on desired flavor.
- I also add about 4 more quarts of the plain popcorn, white to add more color.
- Can made 1/2 of the coating without coloring or just add plain after the colored popcorn has cooked.
NotesThis is colorful popcorn that is sweet. Great for the family get togethers.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!See More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce