- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 lb. butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. vailla
- 5 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 heaping tsp baking powder
- Creme together the butter and sugar. Spread mixture all around to edges of bowl, making a hole in the middle of the bowl. Put all 4 eggs into the hole and beat them with a fork. Add the vanilla to eggs and beat together again. Mix the sugar and eggs together.
- Mix the flour, salt, and powder together separately, then slowly add to the egg/sugar mixture, while mixing gradually after each addition.
- Roll out the dough with flour on the counter. Roll out just a little bit at a time and not too thin or to thick, about 1/8 inch think. Cut with cookie cutters and place the cookies on wax paper until you have cut all the cookies cut out of the dough.
- Once all your cookies are cut start to transfer the first cookies you cut to baking sheets so that the ones you cut last cook last and the ones you cut first cook first, etc.
- Bake 350 degrees about 8 min or so, depending on how thick they are.
- Do not let the cookies brown, as soon as they are just barely golden around the edges they are done.
- Let cool on cookie sheets and then frost with various colored frostings, spinkles, and fun things!
NotesThis is your basic sugar cookie recipe, we just cut and decorate them Christmasy, so you can decorate them to any holiday or event-I'm sure this recipe is already on here but I wanted my own on here for myself.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Best of Eva's Family RecipesSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More