- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 egg yolks
- 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 1 C Marsala wine
- Pinch lemon peel
- 3 egg whites, beaten stiff
- With wire whisk, mix sugar and egg yolks in double boiler top.
- Add wine slowly, while mixing well.
- Cook over just boiling water, beating constantly with whisk until it is a custard of almost whipped cream consistency.
- Cool custard slightly.
- Gently fold in 3 stiffly beaten egg whites.
NotesRecipe from Chrystal Schivell, a friend from Early Warrenville days.
Chrystal’s Sabayon is a lighter version than Jean’s (see separate recipe).
Fold the stiffly beaten egg whites into the custard when cooked.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MidLife Road Trip's
Amsterdam Friends Cookbook
My Family CookbookSee More
Cancun Grilled Chicken Tacos with Citrus Chile Marinade
Perfect baked potatoSee More