- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 egg yolks
- 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 1 C Marsala wine
- Pinch lemon peel
- 3 egg whites, beaten stiff
- With wire whisk, mix sugar and egg yolks in double boiler top.
- Add wine slowly, while mixing well.
- Cook over just boiling water, beating constantly with whisk until it is a custard of almost whipped cream consistency.
- Cool custard slightly.
- Gently fold in 3 stiffly beaten egg whites.
NotesRecipe from Chrystal Schivell, a friend from Early Warrenville days.
Chrystal’s Sabayon is a lighter version than Jean’s (see separate recipe).
Fold the stiffly beaten egg whites into the custard when cooked.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More