CHUCK'S CARAMELIZED APPLE AND PEAR PIE CINNAMON PASTRY CRUST: PUSHING DAISIES
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Cinnamon Pastry Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup walnuts or slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons chilled solid vegetable shortening, cut
- into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons (or more) ice water or chilled dark creme de cacao
- Blend flour, nuts, sugar, cinnamon and salt in processor until nuts are coarsely ground.
- chilled butter and vegetable shortening.
- Using on/off turns, process until coarse crumbs form. Add 2 tablespoons ice water or chilled creme de cacao.
- Process dough until small moist clumps form, adding more ice water by teaspoonfuls if dough is dry.
- Gather dough into ball; flatten into disk.
- Wrap dough disk in plastic. Refrigerate until cold enough to roll out, about 30 minutes.
- Roll out dough on floured work surface to 12-inch round. Transfer dough to 9-inch-diameter glass pie dish. Press dough into dish. Fold overhang under. Crimp edges decoratively. Cover and chill until cold, about 30 minutes. (Can be prepared 2 days ahead. Keep refrigerated.)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
50 Shades of Taste
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More