- Cooking Time: 1 hour 20 minues
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 40
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cut into 1 tbsp. pcs., very cold
- 1/4-1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup dried fruit bits
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup + 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 3 lb. frozen peaches, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- Put the flour, salt and sugar into a food processor and pulse once or twice.
- Add the butter and process until the mixture looks grainy.
- Then slowly, while pulsing, add the water until you can form the dough by pressing it between your fingers.
- Decant the loose dough onto a piece of plastic wrap.
- Using the wrap, fold the loose dough towards the middle and press with the back of your hands to form dough.
- Split into two pieces and wrap each and chill for at least 4 hours before using.
- Dough can be made ahead for up to one week.
- Combine fruit bits, brown sugar, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, flour, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg; stir in peaches.
- On floured surface, roll larger dough disk into 12 inch circle; fit into 9 inch pie pan. Spoon peach mixture into crust. Roll remaining dough into 9 inch circle; cut into 1 inch wide strips. Arrange in lattice pattern over pie filling; trim and flute edge. Refrigerate until firm, 15 minutes.
- Place baking sheet on rack in oven; preheat to 375 degrees F. Brush crust with egg; sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake on hot baking sheet 1 hour, 20 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Cool.
NotesThere's nothing more delightful than some peach pie with a little "vanilla" goodness to brighten your day. It's a plate full of sunshine.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!See More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More