- Cooking Time: 1 hour 20 minues
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 40
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cut into 1 tbsp. pcs., very cold
- 1/4-1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup dried fruit bits
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup + 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 3 lb. frozen peaches, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- Put the flour, salt and sugar into a food processor and pulse once or twice.
- Add the butter and process until the mixture looks grainy.
- Then slowly, while pulsing, add the water until you can form the dough by pressing it between your fingers.
- Decant the loose dough onto a piece of plastic wrap.
- Using the wrap, fold the loose dough towards the middle and press with the back of your hands to form dough.
- Split into two pieces and wrap each and chill for at least 4 hours before using.
- Dough can be made ahead for up to one week.
- Combine fruit bits, brown sugar, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, flour, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg; stir in peaches.
- On floured surface, roll larger dough disk into 12 inch circle; fit into 9 inch pie pan. Spoon peach mixture into crust. Roll remaining dough into 9 inch circle; cut into 1 inch wide strips. Arrange in lattice pattern over pie filling; trim and flute edge. Refrigerate until firm, 15 minutes.
- Place baking sheet on rack in oven; preheat to 375 degrees F. Brush crust with egg; sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake on hot baking sheet 1 hour, 20 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Cool.
NotesThere's nothing more delightful than some peach pie with a little "vanilla" goodness to brighten your day. It's a plate full of sunshine.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More