- Cooking Time: 40
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 pastry for double-crust pie (your favorite recipe or purchased)
- Roll out pastry dough to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut out 2-1/2" circles from the dough.
- You should have 15.
- Place each circle in a muffin cup and push in to fit pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat together pumpkin, sugar, milk, egg and vanilla.
- Add the pudding mix and beat until blended.
- It will thicken nicely.
- Add spices.
- Stir to combine.
- Fill pastry crusts evenly.
- Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool on rack.
- When cool, you can place in a rigid freezer container with layers of waxed paper in between.
- Freeze until needed.
- You can thaw these in the refrigerator or put in the microwave for about 1 minute.
- This depends on the wattage of your micro.
NotesJust in time for Thanksgiving.. Ever heard of a Cup pie? It's a mini pie only available at the Pie Hole.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Babette's Test KitchenSee More
Broiled Salmon with Olive-Tomato Vinaigrette
Peanut and pretzel truffles
Veggie KebabsSee More