- Cooking Time: 40
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 pastry for double-crust pie (your favorite recipe or purchased)
- Roll out pastry dough to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut out 2-1/2" circles from the dough.
- You should have 15.
- Place each circle in a muffin cup and push in to fit pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat together pumpkin, sugar, milk, egg and vanilla.
- Add the pudding mix and beat until blended.
- It will thicken nicely.
- Add spices.
- Stir to combine.
- Fill pastry crusts evenly.
- Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool on rack.
- When cool, you can place in a rigid freezer container with layers of waxed paper in between.
- Freeze until needed.
- You can thaw these in the refrigerator or put in the microwave for about 1 minute.
- This depends on the wattage of your micro.
NotesJust in time for Thanksgiving.. Ever heard of a Cup pie? It's a mini pie only available at the Pie Hole.
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
Mama Mia ... Lentils Italian Style
Gabriola Clam Chowder
Gen's Vegetable Love PizzaSee More