- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis soup started out one night as stir fry but I got bored halfway through and decided that I didn't want to stand over it, even for a few minutes. I started adding more ingredients and this is what came out!
This comes out different for me evertime I make it because I just use what I have in the fridge and cupboard.
This is particularly good served with Garlic Bread.
- 1 can Black Beans (do not drain)
- 2 large cans of tomato sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, cut into large chunks
- 1 large handful of fresh green beans. Cut in half
- 1 package of frozen corn
- 1 pound of baby carrots
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 large can of stewed tomatoes
- Chicken Broth
- Italian Seasoning to taste
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the chicken and cook until about half done, turning all the pieces to cook evenly.
- In a large pot, combine all other ingredients. Adding the chicken broth to increase the amount of fluid needed to cover all ingredients.
- Heat to light boil for about 10 minutes. Add the chicken and lightly boil until the carrots are done.
- If the soup seems thin for your taste, add tomato paste to thicken.