- Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- Servings: 12-14 servings
- Preparation Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- Butterscotch Sauce:
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugar and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well (batter will be stiff). Stir in apples until well combined.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Bake at 350 F. for 40-45 minutes or until top is lightly browned and springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 30 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile , in a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and butter. Cook over medium heat until butter is melted. Gradually add cream. Bring to a slow boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Serve with cake. Yield: 12-14 servings.
- See other good recipes at: www.havefunbaking.com
- And check out: www.lovetobakeandcook.blogspot.com
NotesThis tender, moist cake is full of old-fashioned comfort, and the yummy brown sugar sauce makes it special. Top with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream and and it becomes a festive dessert.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More