- Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- Servings: 12-14 servings
- Preparation Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- Butterscotch Sauce:
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugar and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well (batter will be stiff). Stir in apples until well combined.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Bake at 350 F. for 40-45 minutes or until top is lightly browned and springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 30 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile , in a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and butter. Cook over medium heat until butter is melted. Gradually add cream. Bring to a slow boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Serve with cake. Yield: 12-14 servings.
- See other good recipes at: www.havefunbaking.com
- And check out: www.lovetobakeandcook.blogspot.com
NotesThis tender, moist cake is full of old-fashioned comfort, and the yummy brown sugar sauce makes it special. Top with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream and and it becomes a festive dessert.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Short Sharp Chops
CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI BREAD / MUFFINSSee More