- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Fuji apple, peeled, cored, and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Lightly grease eight 3-inch muffin pan cups. In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Add apple and stir to distribute evenly.
- In small bowl, beat together milk, molasses, oil, and egg. Stir into dry ingredients and mix just until blended. Fill muffin pan cups with batter. Bake 5 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees F. and bake 12 to 15 minutes longer or until centers of muffins spring back when gently pressed. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove muffins from pan and cool to warm; serve.
NotesStudded with apple bits, these moist and tender muffins also boast the goodness of molasses.
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
Vegan Eats!See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More