- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 large carrots coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 celery stalks chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic diced
- 1 TBSP Kosher Salt
- Fresh Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 8 cups + 3 TBSP Chicken Broth
- 2 cups roasted chicken - shredded or cubed
- 3/4 cup orzo pasta
- 2 TBSP Cornstarch
- Heat Olive Oil in large dutch oven. Add onions, celery, carrots and garlic. Saute for approximately 5 minutes or until onions are translucent. Season with kosher salt and pepper.
- Add white wine, cover and simmer on low heat until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add chicken broth (home made or canned), cover and bring to a boil for approximately 10 minutes.
- Add Orzo pasta and roasted chicken, cover and simmer for an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch and remaining chicken broth in a dish until cornstarch is fully dissolved. Slowly stir the mixture into the soup. Simmer uncovered for an additional 5 minutes to allow soup to thicken before serving.
- *Note* The meat from a store bought rotisserie chicken works well for this soup.