- Cooking Time: 1-1/2 hours + 20 minutes
- Servings: 3-1/2 pints
- Preparation Time: 3 hours
- 8 cups chopped seeded peeled tomatoes
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons salt (I salt to taste)
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- In a large saucepan, combine the tomatoes, onions, green peppers, sugar, tomato paste and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1-1/2 hours or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in vinegar; heat through. Ladle hot mixture into hot jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Adjust caps. Process for 20 minutes in a boiling-water bath. Yield: 3-1/2 pints.
- More good recipes at: www.havefunbaking.com
- And also at: www.lovetobakeandcook.blogspot.com
NotesThe tomatoes are getting ready in the garden, if you are like me you have an overabundance. I came up with this recipe to put on chopped steak and sausage sandwiches. I gave some to my sister and they like it on hamburgers and with stuffed peppers so I say it goes with everything. It is fresh-tasting and delicious.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Halloween Easy Eerie EdiblesSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More