- Cooking Time: 1-1/2 hours + 20 minutes
- Servings: 3-1/2 pints
- Preparation Time: 3 hours
- 8 cups chopped seeded peeled tomatoes
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons salt (I salt to taste)
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- In a large saucepan, combine the tomatoes, onions, green peppers, sugar, tomato paste and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1-1/2 hours or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in vinegar; heat through. Ladle hot mixture into hot jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Adjust caps. Process for 20 minutes in a boiling-water bath. Yield: 3-1/2 pints.
- More good recipes at: www.havefunbaking.com
- And also at: www.lovetobakeandcook.blogspot.com
NotesThe tomatoes are getting ready in the garden, if you are like me you have an overabundance. I came up with this recipe to put on chopped steak and sausage sandwiches. I gave some to my sister and they like it on hamburgers and with stuffed peppers so I say it goes with everything. It is fresh-tasting and delicious.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More