Chunky Peanut Butter Cookies
Why I Love This Recipe
This recipe is still a work in progress. I have changed a few things but have not yet tried the new version. If you try this recipe, as written on 22 Jun 07, let me know how it turns out. I plan on making it in the next day or two. Happy Baking!
Ingredients You'll Need
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
3/4 cup Chunky Peanut Butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup plus 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 tsp. pure vanilla
1-1/2 cup flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or line with parchment paper a cookie sheet.
2. Using an electric mixer fitted with a paddle on medium speed (or by hand) beat together the butter and chunky peanut butter until fluffy.
3. Add brown sugar and 1/4 cup granulated sugar and beat until smooth.
4. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
5. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt and sift into the peanut butter mixture.
on low speed until dough is uniform making sure to not over mix.
6. Pull pieces of dough and roll between your hands to form 1 inch balls. Roll balls in remaining granulated sugar.
7. Place cookie balls on a greased cookie sheet two inches apart. Press cookie balls with a fork to make a crosshatch pattern and slightly flatten the cookie.
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes until cookies are golden brown on the edges.
Do not over bake or the cookies will not be chewy.
Cool on wire rack.