- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis recipe is still a work in progress. I have changed a few things but have not yet tried the new version. If you try this recipe, as written on 22 Jun 07, let me know how it turns out. I plan on making it in the next day or two. Happy Baking!
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup Chunky Peanut Butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla
- 1-1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or line with parchment paper a cookie sheet.
- 2. Using an electric mixer fitted with a paddle on medium speed (or by hand) beat together the butter and chunky peanut butter until fluffy.
- 3. Add brown sugar and 1/4 cup granulated sugar and beat until smooth.
- 4. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- 5. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt and sift into the peanut butter mixture.
- on low speed until dough is uniform making sure to not over mix.
- 6. Pull pieces of dough and roll between your hands to form 1 inch balls. Roll balls in remaining granulated sugar.
- 7. Place cookie balls on a greased cookie sheet two inches apart. Press cookie balls with a fork to make a crosshatch pattern and slightly flatten the cookie.
- 8. Bake for 10-12 minutes until cookies are golden brown on the edges.
- Do not over bake or the cookies will not be chewy.
- Cool on wire rack.