- Cooking Time: 15+25
- Servings: 16 bars
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes
- 1-1/2 cups flour,all-purpose
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter,melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, combine the flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan. Bake at 350 F. for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, corn syrup, butter and vanilla until blended. Stir in chocolate chunks and pecans. Pour over crust. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until set. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Check out other recipes at: www.havefunbaking.com
- And also at: www.lovetobakeandcook.blogspot.com
NotesThese rich gooey bars, to me, taste just like chocolate pecan pie. Most people can't eat just one of them.