- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 6 to 10
- Preparation Time: 25
- 12 small red new potatoes (1 pound), quartered
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 large bunch of cauliflower (1 1/4 pounds), cut into florets
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, halved (optional)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup Garlic-Anchovy Dressing (recipe follows)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan with salted water to cover.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until tender, about 7 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the potatoes to a large bowl.
- Return the water to a boil.
- Add the green beans and cook until just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the beans with a slotted spoon and add to the potatoes.
- Repeat with the cauliflower, cooking until just tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add the olives (if using) and parsley to the vegetables.
- While the vegetables are still warm, pour the dressing on top and toss to coat.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
NotesServed with good crusty bread, this classic Italian cooked-vegetable salad makes a wonderful meatless main course. It's also delicious alongside grilled fish or chicken.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
NFPG Recipe Collection
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook CafeSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More