Church Pork Roast
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
2 tablespoons water
1½ teaspoons minced garlic
¾ teaspoon rosemary
½ teaspoon thyme
¼ teaspoon each of ginger, salt, and black pepper
2 to 3 pound rolled pork loin roast
1½ tablespoons vegetable oil
2 Fuji apples, peeled and sliced
1 large onion, peeled and sliced
1 cup chicken broth (or more)
¼ cup orange juice
2 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Combine 2 tablespoons water with all seasonings in a cup; mix and set aside.
3. Brush roast with oil then pour water and spice mixture over it.
4. Rub apple and onion slices with oil then place in bottom of a roasting pan. Place roast on top of apples
and onions; bake, uncovered for 10 minutes. Reduce oven to 350 degrees and bake 2½ to 3 hours.
Remove roast from pan, cover with foil, and let rest 5 minutes.
5. Put apples and onions in a blender or use an emulsifier and puree.
6. To make the gravy, add broth and orange juice to the liquids in the roasting pan; stir well to blend,
scraping bottom. Pour liquid and pan juices into a saucepan; add puree mixture and simmer a few
minutes. Stir cornstarch and water mixture into saucepan a little at a time for thickness, add more if
needed. Taste for seasoning.
7. Remove strings from roast and slice. Put meat on a platter and drizzle with gravy or serve gravy on the
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: Pork