- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 quarts oil for frying
- 1/2 cup white sugar, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine water, 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar, salt and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Stir in flour until mixture forms a ball.
- Heat oil for frying in deep-fryer or deep skillet to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Pipe strips of dough into hot oil using a pastry bag.
- Fry until golden; drain on paper towels.
- 3. Combine 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll drained churros in cinnamon and sugar mixture.
NotesPastry strips are deep fried and rolled in sugar and cinnamon in these simple Mexican snacks