- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 quarts oil for frying
- 1/2 cup white sugar, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine water, 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar, salt and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Stir in flour until mixture forms a ball.
- Heat oil for frying in deep-fryer or deep skillet to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Pipe strips of dough into hot oil using a pastry bag.
- Fry until golden; drain on paper towels.
- 3. Combine 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll drained churros in cinnamon and sugar mixture.
NotesPastry strips are deep fried and rolled in sugar and cinnamon in these simple Mexican snacks
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Cooking for a Cure
Breads and Pastry 101See More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More