- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryFound this recipe years ago and love it.
- 3 large chicken breasts or 6 chicken thighs
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 3 packages george washington golden seasoning chicken broth, powder (if unable to find, any powdered chicken broth will do)
- 1-2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 1. Remove skin from chicken.
- 2. Mix flour with the G Washington Golden and garlic powder (set aside 1 tablespoon flour mixture).
- 3. Coat chicken with flour and brown in butter.
- Place chicken in a baking pan.
- 4. Stir reserved flour into the butter in the skillet.
- 5. Slowly add water and stir over low heat until slightly thickened.
- 6. Add chutney and stir until blended.
- 7. Pour sauce over chicken.
- 8. Cover with foil and bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes.
- 9. Remove cover and bake for 15 more minutes.
- 10. Serve with rice or egg noodles.