- Cooking Time: 20 minutes or so
- Servings: 3-4
- Preparation Time: 15-20 minutes
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbl. butter
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced thinly
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped.
- 2 Tbl. flour
- 1 teasp. sry mustard powder (or a spoon of Dijon)
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups apple cider
Pat breasts dry and season with salt and pepper.
Melt butter in saute pan and brown chicken...no need to cook through.
Remove chicken and set aside.
Add onion, garlic, and apple slices to the remaining fat in pan and saute till apples are tender and browned, and onion is translucent.
Sprinkle in the flour and mustard powder, stirring to coat vegetables.
Cook for about a minute, then add the cider. Cook and stir as it comes back to the boil.
Add in the chicken and cook, uncovered, on low, for about 15 minutes.
Serve with rice or noodles...Delicious!