- Cooking Time: 20 minutes or so
- Servings: 3-4
- Preparation Time: 15-20 minutes
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbl. butter
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced thinly
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped.
- 2 Tbl. flour
- 1 teasp. sry mustard powder (or a spoon of Dijon)
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups apple cider
- Pat breasts dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in saute pan and brown chicken...no need to cook through.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add onion, garlic, and apple slices to the remaining fat in pan and saute till apples are tender and browned, and onion is translucent.
- Sprinkle in the flour and mustard powder, stirring to coat vegetables.
- Cook for about a minute, then add the cider. Cook and stir as it comes back to the boil.
- Add in the chicken and cook, uncovered, on low, for about 15 minutes.
- Serve with rice or noodles...Delicious!
NotesGot this recipe from The Food Network...Sunny Anderson made it and I thought it looked simple and yummy. The only thing I changed was the addition of mustard powder, as I thought the sauce was a bit bland. Sorry there are no pics...it got eaten too fast! I'll try to take some next time.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More