- Cooking Time: 20 minutes or so
- Servings: 3-4
- Preparation Time: 15-20 minutes
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbl. butter
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced thinly
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped.
- 2 Tbl. flour
- 1 teasp. sry mustard powder (or a spoon of Dijon)
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups apple cider
- Pat breasts dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in saute pan and brown chicken...no need to cook through.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add onion, garlic, and apple slices to the remaining fat in pan and saute till apples are tender and browned, and onion is translucent.
- Sprinkle in the flour and mustard powder, stirring to coat vegetables.
- Cook for about a minute, then add the cider. Cook and stir as it comes back to the boil.
- Add in the chicken and cook, uncovered, on low, for about 15 minutes.
- Serve with rice or noodles...Delicious!
NotesGot this recipe from The Food Network...Sunny Anderson made it and I thought it looked simple and yummy. The only thing I changed was the addition of mustard powder, as I thought the sauce was a bit bland. Sorry there are no pics...it got eaten too fast! I'll try to take some next time.