- Cooking Time: 6 hours
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 fresh beef brisket (6 pounds)
- 2 jars (12 ounces each) mushroom gravy
- 1 cup apple cider or juice
- 1 envelope onion mushroom soup mix
- 6 gingersnap cookies, crushed
- 1. Cut brisket into thirds; place in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the gravy, cider, soup mix and cookie crumbs; pour over beef.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- 3. Thinly slice meat across the grain. Skim fat from cooking juices; thicken if desired.
NotesApple juice and gingersnaps give an autumn feel to this tender brisket. It's quick to prep, and the mouthwatering aroma will linger in the kitchen for hours.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
Italy or BustSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More