- Cooking Time: 6 hours
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
BackstoryApple juice and gingersnaps give an autumn feel to this tender brisket. It's quick to prep, and the mouthwatering aroma will linger in the kitchen for hours.
- 1 fresh beef brisket (6 pounds)
- 2 jars (12 ounces each) mushroom gravy
- 1 cup apple cider or juice
- 1 envelope onion mushroom soup mix
- 6 gingersnap cookies, crushed
- 1. Cut brisket into thirds; place in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the gravy, cider, soup mix and cookie crumbs; pour over beef.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- 3. Thinly slice meat across the grain. Skim fat from cooking juices; thicken if desired.