CIDER-ROASTED PORK LOIN
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups water
- 5 cups apple cider, divided
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-2 lb. boneless pork loin
- Cooking spray
- 1 ½ tsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 ½ tsp. chopped fresh sage
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- Combine water, 3 cups cider, kosher salt, peppercorns, coriander & bay leaf in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring until salt dissolves. Remove from heat, and cool completely. Pour brine into 2 gallon plastic bag. Add pork and seal, and refrigerate for 8 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350. Bring 2 cups cider to a boil. Cook until thickened and reduced to Â¼ cup (about 15 minutes). Set aside. Remove pork from bag; discard brine. Place pork on rack of broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Coat pork lightly with cooking spray. Sprinkle sage, pepper and rosemary on top. Bake for 1 hour, basting twice with cider reduction during last 20 minutes.
NotesFrom the Cooking Light 2005 recipe book. I've made this a couple times at dinner parties, and the leftovers are still moist and tender when re-heated a couple days later.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Luscious Tropical Dream Cake
Ultimate Peanut Butter & Chocolate Banana SplitSee More