- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 30
- Preparation Time: 8
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 4 oz mayo
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- Phyllo purses
- 1 roll phyllo dough, thawed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl until well combined and set aside.
- Preheat the oven according to phyllo package directions.
- Unroll the phyllo dough onto a dry surface (be sure to follow the "handling instructions" on the box).
- Remove 3 sheets of phyllo dough at a time (purses will be 3 sheets thick) and brush the top with melted butter.
- Cut the stack into 5x5 squares as you go - cut only enough squares to fill a mini-muffin pan and return the unused dough to the covered stack.
- Spoon the filling onto the center of a phyllo square and brush the uncovered dough with melted butter.
- Gather the sides and press together, forming a purse.
- Set the purse into the muffin pan and brush with melted butter.
- Repeat until the muffin pan is full. Bake for 8-10 minutes until the phyllo purse tops are golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from oven and cool the cups on a baking rack.
- Yields approx 2-1/2 dozen phyllo purses.
NotesRecipe from "Confections of a Foodie Bride".
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Black Bean Salad
Gabriola Clam Chowder
PUMPKIN CUSTARD PROFITEROLES WITH MAPLE CARAMELSee More