- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 small clove garlic
- Kosher salt
- 2 small limes
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 cups coleslaw mix
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoons honey
- Chop the garlic, sprinkle it with a pinch of salt, and mash it into a
- paste with the side of a chef's knife.
- Finely grate the zest from the lime and then juice the limes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the garlic, lime zest, 2 Tbs. of the juice, and the mayonnaise.
- Toss in the cabbage, scallions, and cilantro.
- Season with 1/2 tsp. salt and several grinds of pepper.
- Add honey.
NotesI developed this to go with my Ropa Vieja Pot Pies. You can serve this with Asian dishes also.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
Sharing Christmas with Friends
The One Dollar CookbookSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More