- Cooking Time: 10-12 minutes
- Servings: 2 pizzas
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 pound ground chuck*
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 lbs pizza dough (make your own or buy premade)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat pizza stone in oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cook the onion, garlic, and ground chuck in a medium saucepan over medium/high heat until the beef is browned and the onion is soft. Drain the grease. Add the remaining ingredients, stir to combine and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes. Discard bay leaf. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Divide the dough in half. Spread one half of the dough into a 10-12 inch circle. Put a generous handful of cornmeal on a pizza peel and place the dough on top of the cornmeal. Spread about 1 cup of the chili on top of the dough. Sprinkle 1 cup of the cheese evenly over the top of the chili. Slide the pizza onto the pre-heated stone and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling and the crust is golden.
- *Sub the ground chuck for 1 (12 oz) package of veggie crumbles, if desired. If using the crumbles, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the pan, saute the onions for 5 minutes and then add the crumbles
NotesCincinnati Chili is a regional chili with some unusual ingredients...cinnamon, allspice, chocolate (!). Mostly, it's served over spaghetti, with or without beans, diced onions and shredded cheese. It's also good on hot dogs. Here, I've used some shortcuts and made a quick Cincinnati Chili Sauce to put on my pizza.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Lau Family Recipes
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Hot Artichoke Dip
Lemon Streusel MuffinsSee More