- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 10-12
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 5 lbs. potatoes, peeled
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter or margarine
- 1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil potatoes until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Mash while hot.
- Stir in butter and cream cheese.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir just to combine.
- Spread in a 9x13 inch casserole and refrigerate.
- An hour before serving, remove from refrigerator. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes to heat through.
NotesMy Auntie Cyn make these potatoes for every holiday, and has since I was a kid. There is always a fight over the last bits in the dish, since there is never quite enough for 15 people to have second helpings, even with a double recipe! When I moved overseas with my husband a few years ago, one of the hardest things was realizing I would have to spend my first Thanksgiving in Europe without my family. I hosted a small dinner with friends and it was really difficult to find ingredients for my traditional favorite dishes. The one things I knew I could make, no matter what, was the party potatoes. And of course, they were the fastest thing to disappear at my Euro-Thanksgiving dinner, too! It was so nice to have a bit of home for the holiday, even if I had to make it myself!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Amsterdam Friends Cookbook
Holidays = Desserts = HappinessSee More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More