- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup (8 ounces) lukewarm milk
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup (2 5/8 ounces) unsalted butter, cut up
- 4 3/4 cups (20 ounces) Mellow Pastry Blend OR 4 1/2 cups (19 1/2 ounces) King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup (3 1/2 ounces) sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1/3 cup (2 5/8 ounces) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (7 1/4 ounces) brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons (3/4 ounce) ground cinnamon
- Manual/Mixer Method: Combine all of the dough ingredients in a large mixing bowl, stirring till the mixture becomes cohesive.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly oiled work surface, and knead it for 5 to 8 minutes, till itâ€™s smooth. Or knead it in an electric mixer, using the dough hook, for 4 to 7 minutes at medium speed.
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, turn to grease all sides, cover the bowl with a proof cover or plastic wrap, and let it rise for 60 minutes, till it's nearly doubled in bulk.
- Assembly: Transfer the dough to a lightly greased work surface, and roll it into a 16 x 21-inch rectangle.
- Spread the dough with the 1/3 cup butter. Mix the brown sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle it evenly over the dough.
- Starting with a short end, roll the dough into a log, and cut it into 12 slices. Place the buns in a lightly greased 9 x 13-inch pan. Cover the pan with a proof cover or plastic wrap, and let the buns rise overnight.
- Bake the buns in a preheated 400 F oven until they're golden brown, about 15 minutes. While the buns are baking, make the icing.
NotesThis recipe is originally from the King Arthur Flour website, although it is no longer available there, and has a few slight changes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Foodie BabySee More
Julia Child's Supremes de Volaille Archiduc
Chicken MoleSee More