- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2.5 cups
- Preparation Time:
- Cinnamon−Ginger Ice Cream
- 1 pint half−and−half or light cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- Dash salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup diced candied ginger
- Scald half−and−half.
- Mix together egg yolks, sugar, salt and cinnamon in the top of a double boiler; set over simmering
- water. Slowly pour in scalded half−and−half, whisking constantly. Whisk over low heat until mixture is
- slightly thickened and smooth, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Process ice cream in ice cream machine, adding ginger when mixture is slushy.
Notesanother fav from ice cream delights:
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More