- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2.5 cups
- Preparation Time:
- Cinnamon−Ginger Ice Cream
- 1 pint half−and−half or light cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- Dash salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup diced candied ginger
- Scald half−and−half.
- Mix together egg yolks, sugar, salt and cinnamon in the top of a double boiler; set over simmering
- water. Slowly pour in scalded half−and−half, whisking constantly. Whisk over low heat until mixture is
- slightly thickened and smooth, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Process ice cream in ice cream machine, adding ginger when mixture is slushy.
Notesanother fav from ice cream delights:
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More