- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apple
- 2 tablespoons apple brandy or apple cider
- 3 1/2 cups low fat (2%) milk
- 3/4 cup raw sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon grated whole nutmeg or superior quality ground nutmeg
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 5 cups 1 1/2 inch cubed cinnamon bread
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven at 325ºF
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at high for 1 minute; cool.
- Combine milk and next 7 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Stir in bread cubes and raisins mixture.
- Let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Pour bread mixture into an 8 inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 325ºF for 50 minutes or until set.
- Serve warm.
NotesBread puddings comes in all variations, and this one is a very simple but still very tasty recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!See More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More