- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped, peeled apples (about 2 medium)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Coat a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- Combine 1 cup sugar and the butter in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on high speed until light and fluffy. Add the sour cream and eggs; beat until blended.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Add to the butter mixture; beat until blended. Stir in the apples. Spread the batter in the prepared pan.
- Combine the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and the cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle over the batter in the pan.
- Bake the coffee cake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 55 to 65 minutes.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack 10 minutes.
- Remove the side of the pan.
- Serve warm or cool.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More