- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped, peeled apples (about 2 medium)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Coat a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- Combine 1 cup sugar and the butter in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on high speed until light and fluffy. Add the sour cream and eggs; beat until blended.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Add to the butter mixture; beat until blended. Stir in the apples. Spread the batter in the prepared pan.
- Combine the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and the cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle over the batter in the pan.
- Bake the coffee cake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 55 to 65 minutes.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack 10 minutes.
- Remove the side of the pan.
- Serve warm or cool.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary CookbookSee More
Walnut, Honey & Espresso Caramels
Scrambled Egg Breakfast Pizza
Rice PuddingSee More