CINNAMON APPLE PUFF PASTRY SHELLS
- Servings: 2
- 2 frozen puff pastry shells
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 2/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon apple juice, divided
- 3/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped walnuts
Bake pastry shells according to package directions.
In a saucepan, combine the apples,
2/3 cup apple juice and cinnamon.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until apples are tender.
Stir in brown sugar.
Combine cornstarch and remaining juice until
Stir into apples.
Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
Stir in walnuts.
Split pastry shell; spoon apple mixture into pastry shells.