- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 2 frozen puff pastry shells
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 2/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon apple juice, divided
- 3/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped walnuts
- Bake pastry shells according to package directions.
- In a saucepan, combine the apples,
- 2/3 cup apple juice and cinnamon.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until apples are tender.
- Stir in brown sugar.
- Combine cornstarch and remaining juice until
- Stir into apples.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Split pastry shell; spoon apple mixture into pastry shells.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Lau Family RecipesSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More