- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 cups apples, cored, peeled, and sliced
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Cream one cup sugar and 1/2 cup butter; add egg and beat until smooth. In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt and baking powder. Add to the sugar mixture.
- Pat half the mixture into a buttered 8 x 8" baking dish; place apples on top.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining sugar and the cinnamon. Sprinkle on top of apples; dot with remaining butter. Top with remaining crumb mixture; bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
- My notes: I softened the butter in the microwave for about 10 seconds. Ths would be even better with a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream on top! :)
NotesWe went to the mountains last weekend and brought home a lot of apples. I was looking for a recipe in which to use some and just took this out of the oven....can't ya just smell it??? YUMMY!!
Source: Gooseberry Patch book, "Made from Scratch", 2001
Posted by: Catherine Ciotti, Everett, MA
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More