- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package (18.25 ounces) plain yellow cake mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Cinnamon Sugar Mix:
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 9x13 in pan.
- 2. Combine cake mix, pudding mix, milk, oil, eggs, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds.
- After scraping sides of the bowl, increase mixer speed to medium and blend 1 1/2 to 2 minutes more-- the batter will look thick but well combined.
- 3. Pour 1/2 batter into pan.
- Sprinkle Cinnamon Sugar Mix on top, then cover with remaining cake mix.
- 4. Bake until cake is golden and fork comes out almost clean, about 30-32min.
- 5. Place pan on a cooling rack for at least 25min.
- 6. Punch small holes about 1-2 inches apart throughout cake.
- Melt butter on stovetop, stirring in the cinnamon and sugar until well-blended.
- Pour overtop the cake evenly and allow to sink in and cool for at least one hour.
- 7. To prepare the frosting, simply stir the cinnamon into the frosting until well-mixed. Frost cake evenly, and enjoy!
NotesThis an adaptation of a cupcake recipe from the Cake Mix Doctor -- I added a couple extra cinnamon-sugar infusions and was pretty pleased with how it turned out! Don't overcook -- it should be very moist and literally melt in your mouth!